There’s so much to consider when planning a wedding it’s no surprise bride and grooms often have nightmares of forgetting key elements for their big day.
And while the saying goes that ‘preparation is key’, even the most prepared among us are guilty of letting things slip when there’s too many plates to spin.
And that’s why we’ve created the complete wedding checklist for 2020! If you’re preparing to get married this year, Wedding Suppliers have broken down everything you need to consider.
12+ months before the big day…
Planning your wedding so far in advance might seem daunting, but it’s a necessity. To get the best venue on the right date and to ensure everyone invited can make it, you need to start planning early.
- Set your budget
- Secure a date and book time off work
- Find a venue
- Decide on your theme/style
- Write your guest list
- Appoint your wedding party
- Send your ‘save the dates’
- Start dress shopping
- Find your main suppliers: catering, ministers, photographer & videographer
- Get wedding insurance
8 – 10 months to go…
Your big day might seem far off now, but it’ll creep up in no time! By now you should have your date set and have a solid plan of what you want for your wedding. Now, it’s a case of putting everything into motion.
- Book your transport
- Find a florist
- Find and order your dream dress
- Research accommodation for guests
- Start honeymoon planning
6-9 months in advance…
You probably have a good idea of what your big day will look like now. Time to put the finishing touches in!
- Secure your entertainment
- Order your wedding cake
- Get your wedding party’s dresses & suits
- Send invitations
- Create gift list
- Write wedding favours
- Book pre-marriage course (catholic ceremonies)
- Plan your stag & hen do’s
- Purchase wedding shoes
- Book your honeymoon
- Book wedding night accommodation
4-6 months to go…
All the main aspects of your dream day are in place, now it’s time to confirm your suppliers, start trials and apply for any legally required documents.
- Go for hair/make-up trials and book for wedding day
- Buy wedding rings
- Confirm order of service
- Book final suppliers, such as entertainment, decor
- Send intention to marry notification to registrar (if required)
- Order baptism and communion certificates (for Catholic ceremonies)
Just 3 months until the big day…
Not long now! Time to make sure everything is in place, relax and get excited!
- Book dress and suit alterations (if required)
- Send wedding invitations
- Plan your first dance and ceremony entrance songs/special requests
- Purchase gifts for the bridal party
- Do your table plans
- Wear your shoes in!
- Buy a guest book
1 month to go…
- Contact all suppliers for confirmation
- Chase guests for RSVP
- Write your speeches
- Have your stag & hen do’s
- Have your final dress fitting
- Inform caterers of dietary requirements
The final few weeks…
- Confirm attendees
- Collect dresses and suits for bride, groom & wedding party
- Pack for honeymoon & order currency
- Confirm details with all suppliers
- Attend beauty treatments
The day before…
- Decorate your venue
- Pack overnight bag
- Contact transport for final confirmation
On the day…
- Have the best day of your life!
The complete wedding checklist at your fingertips
This list shows just how much there is to organise for a wedding. Even the most organised of brides and grooms can find this extremely daunting and difficult to organise alongside their normal life.
Wedding Suppliers is an all-in-one directory designed to help engaged couples plan their big day without the stress. With all the best suppliers in Ireland in one place, Wedding Suppliers takes the pressure off your planning process, ensuring you enjoy the entire experience, from start to finish.
With every supplier you could ever need, the Wedding Suppliers directory helps you take care of every aspect of your wedding from the comfort of your home. Forget the endless hours reading reviews and testing suppliers, with Wedding Suppliers you can find your dream wedding team on your computer or smartphone!
Save time, money and stress now with Wedding Suppliers. Create an account or download the mobile app for Android and iOS to get started!
Leave a Reply